Friday, November 13, 2015

Composition Scavenger Hunt



Welcome to another one of my GT blog posts! We are doing a commercial invention project but just before that we did a quick small scavenger hunt project on composition techniques. I worked on this with Asha and Talia, our team was given 10 different composition techniques to find and film. I think the most important composition technique in my opinion for us to learn is unusual angles so we learn new ways to entertain our audience with creative looking shots! It's is different and eye catching and I really like watching things that will draw my attention. But also every other composition technique are equally important, it is just my opinion that unusual angles are most important to e.


The most difficult composition techniques for our class was Leading Lines because most of us when we filmed leading lines we didn't film it right so I guess we didn't understand it enough. When we did ours we also didn't film leading lines the right way because leading lines starts from the point of view from the photographer (I think). We can use leading lines more when we want viewers to focus on a specific point or place in the photo and leading line can draw your eye to it. We also use leading lines to create a contrast and provides a sense of flow and balance in our image. It helps draw the viewers eye to the photo like a magnet!


My teammates were Talia and Asha. For rule of thirds scenery I filmed and Talia spoke ~ For Rule of Thirds Subject  Talia spoke and filmed it and I was in it ~ For Contrast in Content I spoke and Asha filmed ~ For Leading Lines I spoke, Asha filmed it, and Talia was in it, ~ For Framing  I spoke, Talia filmed it, and Asha was in it, ~ For Parts of a Whole I spoke, Talia filmed, and Asha was in it ~ For Extreme Close Up I spoke, Talia filmed, and Asha was in it ~ For Repetition of Shapes I spoke and Talia filmed ~ For Group Shot Asha spoke and filmed and Talia, Maddie, and, Kyler were in it ~ For Unusual Angles Talia filmed and spoke and Asha was in it. I cut the clips, Asha chose the music and Transitions, and Talia edited it all together. At the end we all watched it together and we did notice some mistakes but we didn't have time to fix it.




Here are a few jpgs of Asha and I "modeling" Rule of Thirds subject and Framing.

No comments:

Post a Comment