Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Photography


HDR is a type of photography that will make your photos look better, and adds more dynamic range. Instead of taking one photo, HDR takes several different photos at different exposures. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. This is also an old photography recently introduced to cameraphones like the iPhone and some android devices. I really like HDR, I think this is a really good photography skill and the photo looks more realistic because its what the human eye sees. Theres nothing about HDR that I dislike and I hope more people get to know the power of HDR and how they can use it in their everyday life to take more memorable and amazing photos.

To take and HDR picture on a real camera (not a phone camera) you have to first locate the plus (+) and minus (-) button, hold it down, and then find the scroller on the camera to change the types of exposure. When taking the pictures do not move the camera AT ALL! Usually when I take my HDR photos I take about 7 photos. The first exposure starts at -3, then  -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3.  HDR on the DSL cameras or any camera that isn't a phone camera is much different than the function a phone camera because I feel more in control of what I am taking a picture of and its just a better and more professional way.

In my landscape HDR photo that I was assigned to do I took the photos in Talia's neighborhood around the late afternoon sort of right before the golden hour. In my landscape, I was attempting to make the photo have depth my taking the pictures in the middle of the road and having it lead down into a forest type of landscape. My experiment photos I took pictures of Talia sitting on the road. I had her placed in the rule of thirds and I think its positioned correctly. I also had her looking across the screen so she had look room. I took pictures at m,y house about a week before I took these ones but they turned out pretty bad... my experiment picture that I took turned into a profile and my was not so much a good landscape.

22 comments:

  1. Rule of thirds = AMAZING!
    Cutout could be better...
    I really like the inspirational word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background.
    The one thing I would change is the text room.
    I like the effects you chose for the text!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great customized Text!
    Cutout Quality
    Rule of thirds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the text layovers
    Get rid of the bumps
    cool close up shot

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really surreal
    Could have made the cut out better
    I like the sky color

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I like your focal point
    2. Make your cutting perfect
    3. The sky makes your text pop out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Job On Surrealism and Rule Of Thirds.
    Her Knee looked kind of bumpy.
    Great Picture overall it looks very surreal and you have a great Focal Point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your text effects and especially your bevel and emboss.
    You could cut out Talia better.
    Your colors balance out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your rule of thirds is great!
    you could have went back and do the cutout again
    I love all the bright colors in your photos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job with the rule of thirds
    The cutout is a little choppy
    Your word is very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like how you made it look like the clouds were coming out of Talia
    Talias knee was bumpy
    I like how your words look like shining gold

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great word to describe the photo.
    Your text isn't covering 2/3 of the photo.
    I like your focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really surreal
    decrease the opacity
    amazing color

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like how you did the whole thing
    But 1 thing you could make your text a bit bigger
    And you did great on the text layovers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liked your rule of thirds
    The cutout is a little choppy
    Your word is very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your use of the golden hours when you took your background pictures!
    You could have took more time perfecting your cut-out.
    Your text effects look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like how you made me your focal point, haha!!
    You could've made the text bigger
    Great job with the rule of thirds it right on point

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great font and emboss on the photo
    The cutout of Talia is a little bit bumpy
    Nice focal point

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice rule of thirds
    Her knee is bumpy
    I like how she is looking at the words

    ReplyDelete
  20. 1. I like your focal point
    2. Your cut out quality could be a little better
    3.I like the font of your text

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like how you made her eyes almost perfectly in the rule of thirds
    You could have made the text bigger
    I really like how your word goes with the picture

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the font and how you made a shadow that really blends in.
    You could've cut out Talia better.
    I love how vibrant the colors are.

    ReplyDelete