Thursday, February 26, 2015

Double Exposed Portraits

 
                Double Exposure                   1 step on how to create a double exposure

Hi everyone! Ok so this week we are starting a new project and its called Double exposure portrait images and they are really cool! Portrait photography is basically taking pictures of a person or group of people that shows expression, personality, and mood of the subject. Like other types of portraiture, the focus of the photo is usually the person's face (eyes), but the entire body and the background or other details can be included. To make that easier to understand portraits are pictures of people! Profile view is the side view of someones face like a mugshot. In a profile you can usually only see half of their face (one eye, half of a mouth and nose...) Silhouetting  is the dark shape and outline of someone or something visible against a lighter background.

To create a double exposure, take 2 pictures of something you like or that describes you and a profile picture of you. Then you open photoshop, you hit file, scrips, load files into stack and then choose the photos you want to create your double exposure. When you have the pictures loaded, start doing the space around your profile shot until the space around you is white or close to white. When you finish that double click the layers and go to blend mode and press screen so you can see all the layers together in one. Then you press layer, new adjustment layers, and then play around with the ones you like until you get something you really love. After that save the image and voilla you got a double exposure image!

I chose surfboards and trees as my two symbolism images because I love to surf and I like nature and I climb trees in my backyard.  I used curves, vibrance, and hue and saturation as my adjustment layers. To explain the purpose my images more I'll give you some back ground info about me. Surfing is my favorite sport and I've surfed a lot in my life so i thought my surfboards would make a great image for my Multi image. I put the trees because I really like how they looked and the texture, I also put the trees in because I have several trees in my back yard that I used to climb a lot when I was little and I also fell from a tree so why not?

 Multi Image
                  
 The 2 images I used for my Multi
                       

26 comments:

  1. The surf board is clear
    The branches are hard to see
    Great overall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great symbols!
    Should of been less space behind and in front of you.
    I CAN SEE BOTH PHOTOS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pictures.
    You can't really see the tree.
    Great Symbolism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colours
    We can't see your eyes
    I like your adjustment layers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can clearly see two images
    could have more head room at the top
    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool pictures
    Hard to see the images
    good overall

    ReplyDelete
  7. The surf board is clearly shown
    The tree is a little hard to see
    I like the symbols you used to represent yourself

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice symbols
    The tree is invisible
    Both photos have high quality visuals

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your 2 symbols
    Can't really see your eyes
    Like your two photos at the bottom that show what pictures you used

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can very clearly see the two images
    The surf board is cutting through you body
    I like the branches

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the way you blended your symbols.
    I think you can make your symbols pop out more.
    Nice use of negative space.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see two images clearly.
    I love the images you chose.
    Really bright and vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like how both symbols represent you
    You could have done better on fading the second pic and we could barley see it
    And I really like how colorful it is

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how you clearly see the both images.
    It dosent look like you used the layer effects.
    I like how you put in the images you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your surfboard symbol, actually.
    However, I feel like the photo could've been taken in another way. They seem conflicting.
    Overall nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1. I can clearly see both images
    2. The trees should symbolizes you
    3. Nice use of the dodge tool

    ReplyDelete
  17. great symbols
    could adjust layers more
    love the tree

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool Pics
    I can hardly see the branches
    I like the symbols

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice use of negative space.
    But I think you can make your symbols pop out more.
    I like the way you blended your symbols.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can see the symbols really good
    I think you could have rearrange the photos
    I really like how they represent you

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the colors
    you could have done better at placing the pictures
    I really like how you can see both symbols

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really great symbols
    The trees are hard to see
    Looks cool

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the surf boards
    Could have rearranged your images
    Good overall

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice vibrant colors
    Its a little hard to see the other symbol
    Nice surfboard picture I like surfing too

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your symbols seem to really represent you.
    I can't see the tree.
    Great overall job.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good color.
    Turn up the opacity on your portrait.
    Nice color.

    ReplyDelete